Sunday, March 07, 2010

Imperfection versus Insincerity

In the aftermath, let's regroup, rekindle or even go to square one if we have to. Life's journey is and always will be from imperfection to perfection. Don't we all know that and have talked about many a times? Here's something I read recently after a recent huge disappointment, and in what I saw, I thought I should share with you all who are so dear to me. Please let me know what you all think.

"The existence of imperfections, even many and serious imperfections, cannot be a permanent bar to progress in the Yoga. The only bar that can be permanent - but need not be, for this too can change - is insincerity, and this does not exist in you. If imperfection were a bar , then no man could succeed in Yoga; for all are imperfect, and I am not sure, from what I have seen, that it is not those who have the greatest power for Yoga who have too, very often, or have had the greatest imperfections. You know, I suppose, the comment of Socrates on his own character; that could be said by many great Yogis of their own initial human nature. In Yoga the one thing that counts in the end is sincerity and with it the patience to persist in the path - many even without this patience go through, for in spite of revolt, impatience, depression, despondency, fatigue, temporary loss of faith, a force greater than one's outer self, the force of the Spirit, the drive of the soul's need, pushes them through the cloud and the mist to the goal before them. Imperfections can be stumbling-blocks and give one a bad fall for the moment, but not a permanent bar. Obstructions due to some resistance in the nature can be more serious causes of delay, but they too do not last for ever." - Sri Aurobindo.

So true and insightful indeed!

No comments: